Dirty Martini Pasta
★ 1 lb. spaghetti
★ 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
★ 1 c. roughly chopped Shaftini olives, plus 1/3 c. olive brine
★ 4 cloves garlic, sliced
★ Zest of 1 lemon
★ 1/3 c. gin
★ 2/3 c. heavy cream
★ 2/3 c. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
★ 1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
★ 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
★ Optional, but adding a protein would be good!
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente according to
package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add olives, garlic, and lemon zest and cook, stirring
frequently, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add gin and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes.
4. Add cream, olive brine, pasta, and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water. Cook, tossing constantly and adding
more pasta water as needed, until pasta is coated and sauce is emulsified about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in Parmesan, parsley, and butter until butter is melted; season with salt. Top with more Parmesan