Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese
ideas/ inspo for recipe
★ 1 lb of Steak
★ 1 French baguette
★ Shafts Blue cheese- could make a whipped blue cheese or keep it how it is
★ Caramelized onions (optional; thought this could be a yummy addition)
★ Either a balsamic drizzle or hot honey drizzle (both optional)
★ Chives for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. While oven preheats prepare the steak. In a medium skillet, melt oil and butter (oil is to cook, butter is for flavor) over medium-high heat—season steak with salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Once the skillet is hot, add steak and sear for 4-5 minutes per side for medium doneness (140-145F for medium doneness). Remove from skillet and transfer steak to a cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes, before slicing against the grain.
3. While the steak rests, make crostinis—slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal, making about 20 toasts. Place sliced baguette on a baking sheet, and brush with olive oil (about 1/4 cup for 20 slices).
4. Top with blue cheese crumbles. Bake for 4-6 minutes, until the baguette is browned, and the cheese is melted.
5. Remove from oven, and top with a generous slice of steak. Garnish with additional blue cheese and balsamic glaze, if desired. Serve immediately.