Baked Blue Cheese Pasta
★ “Viral baked pasta with a Shaft’s twist”
★ About 8 oz. of our Serendipity ( a little over a wedge)
★ 1 lb of bacon
★ 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
★ 1⁄2 lb of pasta of your choice
★ 1⁄4 cup olive oil
★ 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
★ 2 cups of fresh spinach
★ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
2. Prepare pasta al dente according to the directions on the bag — being sure to save 1 cup of pasta
water for later on if needed.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then add bacon spaced equally apart on top. Set aside.
4. Add tomatoes, olive oil, and salt in a medium-sized baking dish and toss.
5. Place 1 or 2 of Shafts Serendipity Cheese Wedges on top of the tomatoes.
6. Place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven and place the bacon sheet pan below it on a lower shelf.
7. Bake both dishes for 30 minutes, flipping the bacon halfway through.
8. Once the bacon is crispy, at around 30 minutes, pull it out of the oven and set aside. Crumble once
cooled. If it's crispy before that, definitely pull it out early!
9. Now crank the heat on the tomato blue cheese baking dish to 450 for another 5-10 minutes or until
the tomatoes are starting to blister and caramelize.
10. Remove the baking dish from the oven, immediately add the fresh garlic, and stir everything together.
11. Now add the crumbled cooked bacon, the fresh spinach and the cooked pasta on top.
12. Toss everything together until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is creamy. If the sauce looks dry,
add 1⁄4 cup pasta water at a time to loosen it up.